[tcb] Re: I been busy

  • From: "Will Wood" <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:30:41 -0500

Avoid the Swivel Feet Screws and the Elephant Feet screws altogether.  I
have never seen a set for an Aircooled VW that lasted.  Just go with
lash caps which will prevent the valve stem from mushrooming.

As for your ignition system, if the cap was at an angle, then presumably 2
cylinders would have the cap electrodes get close enough to the rotor to
fire.
Just be glad you have it all fixed, treat the engine to an oil change and
say 10 hail Bergs.

  _____