[tcb] Re: Help! Bus won't start - electrical woes

  • From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 06:20:20 -0700 (PDT)

Cool, I was hoping for a, "that same thing happened to me once and it was just
the..."
I have never had this happen before but I looked at the ground and from taking
the battery offline so many times to work on stuff it looks like it has gotten
all cattywampus on me.
I think it's time to borrow the one off the Super and find out how old this
battery is.

James

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    .hmmessage P { margin:0px;
padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma }
corrosion on the terminals. check the battery terminals and the wire ends and
even get some fine grit sand paper and scuff them back to clean metal...put em
on and tighten them down. that should solve the problem

i had the same problem once...bus wouldn't fire over at all. i checked fuses,
wiring, etc. finally i went around back and cleaned terminals as a last cry for
hope and she fired right off.

To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Help! Bus won't start - electrical woes
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:00:28 -0400
From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx

That really sounds like a problem in the battery, or the battery cables.