[tcb] Fwd: Rear Bearings

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:24:50 -0500

Bob can not post to the list but this is what he had to say about wheel bearings:

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Perring <perring@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: July 21, 2005 7:08:06 AM CDT
To: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>, Trey Jung <Trey.Jung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [tcb] Rear Bearings

Quite easy to do, and yes, I did change a front set out in a K-mart parking lot in Birmingham, AL.
Took me about 1-2 hours, and I knew that if I came up short on any tools, I could just walk inside and get what I might need.

Rear bearings are bit harder than the front set, but still no biggy to do.
I would grease / change / put new boots - whatever ...... on the CV joints when you do the rear bearings.

Front and rear ....
Maybe even change out any brake components at same time, if you think it to be of benefit.

At 06:15 7/21/2005, you wrote:
Dan,

Bob Perring did his wheels and it was pretty easy from talking with him. i think he even chnged them in a wal-mart parking lot on his trip to Alaska.

I p-mail him.

Trey