[tcb] Re: Fw: Drive your Volkswagen to Work Day 2009

  • From: christian wohlfahrt <cwnation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:59:27 -0500

Every Friday is bus day for me (and the weekend) but I have been driving my bus all week to work.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 29, 2009, at 11:43 AM, mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

We drive Emily's VW to work everyday. Better gas mileage than the truck.

From: Mid America Motorworks <nancy.bushur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Drive your Volkswagen to Work Day 2009
To: "sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 11:03 AM

For Immediate Release
Contact: Valerie Corrie , Mid America Motorworks
217-540-4225 or Valerie.corrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To download high resolution images, go to:
http://image.mamotorworks.com/releases/DYVWTWD09/release.html
June 19, 2009 recognizes
“Drive Your VW To Work Day”
Turning the Work Commute into a VW Salute
EFFINGHAM, IL – On Friday, June 19th, Mid America Motorworks will ce lebrate the VW by promoting and participating in Drive Your VW to Wo rk Day. This annual event – in its 14th year – is a favorite amongst VW enthusiasts around the world. All those who are able to d o so, are encouraged to drive their Volkswagens to work on this day. This day of celebration, initially dubbed the “World Wide Day of the VW Beetle,” is the result of Alexander Gromow. As a Volkswagen enth usiast, he wished to orchestrate a special tribute for this special vehicle. In 1995, he garnered enough support through local VW clubs in his country of Brazil and abroad to introduce June 22nd, as the o fficial “World Wide Day of the VW Beetle.” The date of June 22nd was chosen in part for its historical significance to the Beetle. This date, commemorates the day in 1934 when the developmental contract for the VW Beetle was signed. From this original celebration, Drive Your VW to Work Day has evolved. Through the combined efforts of VW clubs and enthusiasts alike, this day has grown to become a popular event for many owners of this much-admired vehicle. The event not only now pays tribute to the Beetle, but the entirety of the Volkswagen line as well. All models of VW are urged to be driven on this day. VW owners who observe "Drive Your VW To Work Day" are encouraged to send high resolution digital pictures of their car at work to clubs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . Mid America Motorworks will post as many pictures as possible right here.
# # #

Mid America Motorworks offers quality parts and accessories for 1953-2009 Corvette and Air-Cooled VW enthusiasts. For more information on Mid America Motorworks, or to request a free catalog, please call toll- free 800-500-1500 or shop www.mamotorworks.com/acvw.