[tcb] Re: Fw: Drive your Volkswagen to Work Day 2009

  • From: derek gomez <zane_13_13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:07:59 -0700 (PDT)

We drive ours daily too.

--- On Wed, 4/29/09, wuzmop@xxxxxxx <wuzmop@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx <wuzmop@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: Fw: Drive your Volkswagen to Work Day 2009
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 12:01 PM

Daily for me
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: christian wohlfahrt
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:59:27 -0500
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Every Friday is bus day for me (and the weekend) but I have been driving my bus
all week to work.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 29, 2009, at 11:43 AM, mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

We drive Emily's VW to work everyday. Better gas mileage than the truck.

From: Mid America Motorworks <nancy.bushur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Drive your Volkswagen to Work Day 2009
To: "sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 11:03 AM

For Immediate Release
Contact: Valerie Corrie , Mid America Motorworks

217-540-4225 or Valerie.corrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To download high resolution images, go to:

http://image.mamotorworks.com/releases/DYVWTWD09/release.html

June 19, 2009 recognizes

“Drive Your VW To Work Day”

Turning the Work Commute into a VW Salute

EFFINGHAM, IL – On Friday, June 19th, Mid America Motorworks will celebrate the
VW by promoting and participating in Drive Your VW to Work Day. This annual
event – in its 14th year – is a favorite amongst VW enthusiasts around the
world. All those who are able to do so, are encouraged to drive their
Volkswagens to work on this day.

This day of celebration, initially dubbed the “World Wide Day of the VW
Beetle,” is the result of Alexander Gromow. As a Volkswagen enthusiast, he
wished to orchestrate a special tribute for this special vehicle. In 1995, he
garnered enough support through local VW clubs in his country of Brazil and
abroad to introduce June 22nd, as the official “World Wide Day of the VW
Beetle.”

The date of June 22nd was chosen in part for its historical significance to the
Beetle. This date, commemorates the day in 1934 when the developmental contract
for the VW Beetle was signed.

From this original celebration, Drive Your VW to Work Day has evolved. Through
the combined efforts of VW clubs and enthusiasts alike, this day has grown to
become a popular event for many owners of this much-admired vehicle. The event
not only now pays tribute to the Beetle, but the entirety of the Volkswagen
line as well.  All models of VW are urged to be driven on this day.

VW owners who observe "Drive Your VW To Work Day" are encouraged to send high
resolution digital pictures of their car at work to clubs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mid
America Motorworks will post as many pictures as possible right here.

# # #

Mid America Motorworks offers quality parts and accessories for 1953-2009
Corvette and Air-Cooled VW enthusiasts. For more information on Mid America
Motorworks, or to request a free catalog, please call toll-free 800-500-1500 or
shop www.mamotorworks.com/acvw.

=