[tcb] Re: Friday

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 18:48:32 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Unless you hav VERY deep pockets, don't even think about it.

It's "best offer" because he really doesn't want to get rid of it.

uj is an Arizona bus show staple. He was a big part of starting the Jerome
Jamboree 17 years ago.

I helped Melissa load the shorty this past September because uj needed to
take a few breaks when the the show wrapped up. He does the announcing from
the stage until he's too out of breath to continue before turning over the
mic to someone else.

In Havasu many of us took turns helping uj walk from camp to camp and
helping Melissa keep an eye out that he didn't just kind of ... stop
breathing. And he was still pissed off that Kyle wouldn't let him join them
for the polar bear swim (in 20 degree weather -- only Kyle and Evan were
dumb enough to go in this year).

The sale of that shorty is going to turn into a sort of charity auction
with those who can afford it competing to see how much they can put in uj's
bank account. I wouldn't be surprised if the new owner told uj to hang onto
it and leave it to them in his will. It has a "spot" at the Jerome show and
it would be kinda weird to see it parked somewhere else.

When Uncle Jerry is gone there's gonna be a big hole in the Arizona shows.

Gerald