[tcb] Re: F%*#! Safaris!

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:40:26 -0800 (PST)

DUCK!

Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:          So, I finally got my shop warm
enough for me to work in it. Extra heaters. That's the secret. Anyway, so I go
to work on Murray and one of the first things on the list is to clean out and
repaint the corners of the windshields because they were all rusted out when I
got Murray and I rebuilt them by welding in small strips of steel until and
built out the sharp edge that the rubber seals to. And I am going to, at least
clean up my dash. It has chipped and cracked places...

  SO, I opened the Safari's, and I am working through the windshields. This is
a very cool angle to be able to work on the dash.

  I have lost count of how many times I have bashed my freakin' forehead! I
look at the problem. "Ah", I say, "I will need some sandpaper" and I turn to
the workbench, pick up some sandpaper, turn and BAM! RIGHT INTO MY EYEBROW!!. I
say %#!*, and I walk away and open a beer.

  Then I go back and pick up the sandpaper and BAM! #%@!*, I am looking like
Joe Frazier. The bus is winning, big.

  The EMT guys are going to find my unconscious body, and in there reports it
going to say that the patient, by all evidence, was beaten silly by his
Volkswagen bus.