[tcb] Co-pilot (or wife's view) trip...

  • From: Katrina Martin <kartina1075@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texas coolition buses <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:46:31 -0700 (PDT)

So we head out about 9:30am. Took the Beltway to 45 to 75. Thor was more than
ready to hop into the bus and get on the bed. We stopped at Fairfield to get
some fruit and pickled okra to share with everyone. The weather was great,
cloudy so I didn't get more of a trucker tan. Arrived at Waxahachie campground
in Ennis at 2:30pm. So it took five hours. We got a nice spot, the bathrooms
were too far. Set up the bus tent, took 5 minutes. We had only put the bus tent
up once so believe me the second time it was really easy. Dan & I own a regular
tent and we have put it up 3 times and I let him put it up because it's too
difficult. The only bad thing about the tent is it has no floor, just a tarp
for the floor. Larry got there. Steve and Sharon showed up two hours later. So
not many of us camped. But we had a good time. Steve & Sharon cooked dinner. We
all went to sleep at 10:30. Dan was up before I was. He went to the restroom
and I was waiting on him to come back so I could tell h
 im I
 accidently ripped the tent trying to get out of the bus. Thor just ran out of
the tent, Sharon was there so she saved me from chasing him down. So Dan showed
up and I told him about the tent. He told me he knew about the tent being
ripped because Thor did the same thing to him, just ran out of tent like he was
missing something. So Thor will be staying in the tent next time we camp. I
think Thor was upset because I left his bowl in the tent with a cup of food in
it. And there was nothing in the bowl when we got up except for some crumbs. So
Sharon is right raccoons will get any food that is left out. So Larry fixed
breakfast (Thanks Larry) then Dan & I took showers. Then Steve,Sharon, & Larry
was ready to go to the show so they could set up the tent and fix some food. So
Dan & I took down the tent, then applied sunscreen,then we brushed the dog. We
should have brushed the dog before we put on sunscreen, but whatever. So we
left about 9:30am to go to the Ennis show. Steve & S
 haron
 was cooking up lunch we had hamburgers & hot dogs with chili.Thanks again
Steve & Sharon. The Ennis show had lots of stuff at the swop meet. The buses
and cars were fabulous. Thor was so good he just laid by Larry's bus and I
wasn't even holding his leash. We left at 1:30pm. The drive home was a little
hot, about 90 degrees. I applied sunscreen 3 times on the way back. So we
arrived home at 5:30pm. I am still pulling cockaburr's out of his fur. So I had
a great time . Thanks for reading this boring email!
Katrina Martin