[tcb] Chuck and Murray

  • From: <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 14:40:08 -0500

So, once or twice or 4 times a year I happen to come to Chuck's house and
mention that something doesn't work on Murray. This time I had to rescue his
Scirocco, Rose, off the side of the road (Steve Chamberlain will tell you, it's
cheap, but it ain't free) and I told Chuck that he had to fix some electrical
Grimlin, my very dim low beam headlights.

So far he has fixed that. It took a long time and phone calls and diagrams, but
he finally found that a ground wire was connected wrong, and for the first time
in Murray's life with me, he has bright low beams. But, before I left for
Galveston, I put in a cool '58 speedometer (it has a see through needle) and
now some stuff doesn't work under that dash and since he is already under
there, why not fix the windshield wipers and the fog lamps and the right hand
turn signal? Yeah, why not?

It's not like I'm abusing him or anything. I have not asked him to fix the dent
in the door, have I?

And Gerald, good thing I didn't strap the orange battery down, I had to use it
to power the winch to get Chuck's car on the trailer.