[tcb] Re: Bus repair @ M&E

  • From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:49:02 -0600

It's wierd to me how buses can "throw" sounds to different areas...
I had a really wierd problem when I first got my bus on the road. It sounded like a ticking coming from underneath the front cab floor, like right under the shifter. It ended up being the right side emergency brake clip hitting the right rear brake drum on the inside... The sound traveled up through the emergency brake cable up to the front of the bus at the E-brake lever.
Wierd.

Your problem definitely sounds like either a front wheel bearing or a rubbing backing plate. I've got that problem too!
When's the last time you packed your front wheel bearings?

Christopher Dirksen wrote:

And that is a very good question, I notice some grinding noise when I jacked up front drivers side and spinned the tire but the sounds seems to me that it's coming from the front middle of bus if that is possible. I jacked up the passnergers side and no noise. So I believe it's a wheel and hope it's not the reduction box bearings. I planned on swinging by Marks house either friday or saturday to see if he can pin point it and get the parts prior to.

Mark Sunday sounds good to me

*Cajun Eskimo*

Christopher Dirksen

    From: /"Eric Woodall" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>/