[tcb] Re: Hehr Jalousie Window Restoration Questions.

  • From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:45:11 -0600

Not sure yet James...
I have got some more parts coming in early next week.
I'll let you know!  Thanks for lookin' out....  :-)

Biggestdaddyo wrote:
Eric, I believe I have at lease two of these clips
mounted on an entire "side" of a Hehr window.  I'll
dig through the goodies and get back to you.  Do you
need left or right side?
--- Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

sammie,
It's a split.

Eric Woodall wrote:
sammie,
these clips, some are bent or broken:

http://www.woodallweb.com/images/jalousie_clips%20001_resized.jpg

sammie smith wrote:
Eric:  RU talking about a split or bay?  Screens
are no problem on a
split.  Any local screen snop should be able to
do them in short
order.  Had a local screen shop in Nac do all of
mine and I think
they charged something like $25 total.  As to the
clips, you lost me,
there are no clips on a split jalousie window to
my knowledge. On a
bay I don't know.

*/Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    Hey everyone,
    I know there are some Westy freaks on this
list so...
    I recently acquired some original jalousie
windows (thanks
    Peter!), and I
    have some questions about some different
aspects of putting them
    together.

    1) Some of the clips that hold the windows in
need to be repaced.
    These
    are riveted together, and I am going to need
to drill out the
    rivets. Is
    there a certain tool that I should use to put
the new rivits in?
    2) I also need to replace the mesh screen on
the screen frames. Is
    there
    some type of window company that should be
able to do this?
    I can tell already that this is going to be a
lot of work to get 6
    working
    windows, but it will be soooo nice to have
them installed in the
bus.
    I can't wait!