[tcb] Re: Brake Servo

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:30:09 -0700 (PDT)

Ronnie: the check valve should be in the engine compartment just before the
hose goes thru the front fire wall. ---Mark S.
Ronnie Hughes <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Well I finally got my PC back from
daughter. She's an AIM (AOL Instant
Messenger) freak like all teenagers are.

Well thanks for the tips.

Dan - I hope the bolt kept the junk you mentioned out of the hose because I
hooked it up and drove about 10 miles last night. As far as water in the
servo, it was wide open so it could have some shi.. in it.
Lonnie - I can't feel any difference when I start or stop the engine, it
doesn't die when I put the brakes on
Dan - when I changed to the dual carb set-up I lost the big connection.
Both intakes are tapped with a 1/4" NPT hole. I tied both ports together
and tied the brake servo hose into it. I kept the large hose and adapted to
it. I'll pull the big hose off tomorrow at the servo and make sure the
vacuum is making it to the servo. Which end of the hose is the check valve
on?
Dennis - I think I will go back to the no servo method and call it my
workout routine. This sounds way too complex for me. Maybe I can paint a
stripe down the middle of my front window??
Lonnie - thanks for getting the jumpseat over to Steve. Good luck on the
paint job.

See some of you on Sunday, the rest in about a month.

Ronnie