[tcb] Bad weather a'cummin

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 22:54:23 -0600

So, I just happened to go down and check the propane level in my tank. Up
here the heat and cooking for the house is propane with big 500 gallon
tanks. When the house was smaller, we could go a whole year before needing a
fill-up, but with the new addition, I need to check it more often. There is
a little pressure dial and it said.zero. No pounds, empty. Well, there still
was heat and all, so I called my propane company and they were REAL busy but
they will get up here as soon as possible, but maybe not until tomorrow.
That's OK, 'cuz like I said, the heat was still on, for now.

Then Brad calls and tells me that the weather experts were saying that the
end of the world as we know it would be here by morning and for me to get
ready. There are prediction of power outages.  I drove immediately to the
gas station/grocery store and filled up the truck and bought some eggs. On
the way out some guy rushed in, "ARE THERE ANY EGGS LEFT?!!!!" There were.

So,  I stop at the shop to get a couple of full 5 gallon propane tanks and
blast heaters,  I get home ( I had moved Murray up here earlier), and here
comes the gigantic propane truck. It's like 8:30 PM. The guy says, "well, I
saw your name on the list and we know that you tend to "run out" and I am
not coming down your road tomorrow in the ice."

Bus content. The reason I moved Murray up here to the house was because I
can use Murray's big orange battery and engine to send power through the
inverter and it will power the house furnace. I know this.

So, bring it, weather.