[tc] Goddess by Mistake

  • From: "Rown x" <longshot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: centlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 06:37:06 +0800

Okay folks!
Here's the latest scoop on the Goddess trilogy, or as I put it now "series". I
contacted Phyl Cast about what has been going on and asked her about the new
books.
As most of you who have kept up with me on this know, Phyl was trying to
negotiate to release the rights of the two remaining books in the Goddess
trilogy back to her and her new publisher but it was unsuccessful. She since
came up with a way to offer the books through her new publisher. Here's what
she told me. You'll only get the entire story right here on these two lists. I
only posted part of Phyl's words on another list due to a promise...
"To update you on the Goddess trilogy:  I can't get the rights back to
Goddess by Mistake.  The publisher is consistently refusing to
negotiate, so my agent and I have decided to move on without him.
I'm calling Goddess by Mistake a prequel to the Goddess by Choice
trilogy.  Goddess by Choice is Shannon being pulled back to Oklahoma
and her struggle to return to ClanFintan.  Goddess by Design is the
story of their daughter, who falls in love with a hybrid Fomorian.
The Shaman's Goddess is the story of Shannon and ClanFintan's son,
who is human, and his love affair with a centaur huntress - and how
he must embrace the Shaman powers within him so that he can
shapeshift to mate with her.  (The third one is still in outline form
only.)Right now an editor in NYC is interested, so keep good
thoughts coming my way that they buy the three manuscripts."
There you have it! You now have an idea where the series is going. It looks
like we'll be getting the entire story after all and that's not all, get this!
"In October, Goddess of the Sea, (yes, they changed the title to link
me with the Goddess idea) the first of my three new books for Berkley
will be released.  I'm especially pleased that my editor let me have
a merman as my hero - and he only changes into human form once! (My
heroine is mermaid part of the time and human part of the time.)
Right now I'm more than half finished with Goddess of Spring, a
retelling of the Persephone/Hades myth, which is the next book for
Berkley.  As you might guess, in my version Persephone does NOT get
raped..."

"I also have a dark, erotic retelling of Beauty and the Beast
underway.  In my book the Beast doesn't change into some foppish
prince!  Berkley is already interested in it."
This promises to be a very interesting series of books and with Phyl's usual
wit they should really be entertaining.
Till next time!
:
Rown