[talks-uk] Re: talks 5 upgrading

  • From: Kieran Little <kieran.little667@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 22:08:59 +0100

hi hussain,
If i've all ready got talks running can i install 5 over it?
I'm running talks 4.0 by the way.

Kieran Little.
Email: kieran.little667@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN/windows live: drummerboyrocko0222@xxxxxxxxxx
Skype: little_kieran46
yahoo! messenger: little.kieran@xxxxxxxxxxx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kieran.little667
Klango: kieranlittle12
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dj__k
Aol instant messenger A.K.A aim: kieranlittle667
Add my email to GTalk too if you want!

On 03/04/2010 22:00, Hussein Patwa wrote:
Hi,

Well, the manuals on the TalkNav site are inaccessible at the moment, but
should be available at:
http://www.talknav.com/downloads/3rd%20Edition%20Handsets/Nuance%20Talks%20M
anual/

But upgrading should be fairly simple.

I recommend the following:
1. Download the Talks_500_3_signed.sisx file from:
http://www.talknav.com/downloads/3rd%20&%205th%20Edition%20Handsets/
2. Also from the same location download a voice file, either a VCM one or
eloquence
3. Connect your phone to your computer with PC Suite installed and run the
Talks file.  It will prompt you to install it on the phone.
4. Follow on screen instructions.  In the case that you cannot see the phone
screen, you can just keep pressing soft key 1.  The installer will go
through prompting you to upgrade, advising closure of the existing app if
needed, security notices if applicable, selection of the install location
and info.  Just keep pressing key one until you hear the voice come up
talking.
5. Now install the voice file in the same way but now you'll have speech
support.
6. Restart the phone after install is completed.
7. After restart, press the Talks key and menu, or Talks key long hold soft
key 1.  Navigate to speech and then change the voice to your preferred
voice.

Note, you must upgrade the voice if using a VCM one as changes have been
made to these voices for compatibility with Talks 5.

Note: The procedure is different if you have a hacked phone or are using a
Developer Certificate.  But that's probably not something we should discuss
on list.  Feel free to mail me off list if this applies to you.

HTH.

No worries.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,