[talks-uk] Re: nokia 5500 or nokia N73

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:49:40 -0000

Hi Graham

I love the 5500 and have raved about it on this list many times, but even I
have to admit that it does have some drawbacks for some people. Firstly, the
keypad takes a little bit of pressure to activate keys and while this is
good for preventing accidental pressing of keys, it can be anuisance if your
hands are cold or for someone with dexterity problems. I have also found it
a little annoying if trying to write a text quickly as if you have to press
a key several times it slows you down. Also, the call answer key is a bit
fiddley. It is a long kind of curved key and unless you press it in exactly
the right place you reject the call rather than answering it. I've done this
many times and it's very annyoing as you end up having to call back and then
it costs you money. With a little bit of perserverance though I expect I'll
get over these problems but you just want a phone to pick up and get on with
don't you? Apart from these set-backs, the audio quality is second to none,
it is strong and robust and performs extremely well with TALKS. So if you
have strong fingers and can master the call ansswer key then this is a great
little handset.

Hope this helps.

Barbara Wilson
Email: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx