[talks-uk] Re: e71 orientation please

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 16:32:49 +0100

Hi
I think I have all the layout written out somewhere and will look it out for you and check the list later. If nobody has responded I will send to you off list what I have. I have not located the head phone socket myself, just could not feel it. I think you are saying it is down the right side. No the Y is not in a strange place, just repeated. Actually let me see.
Top row is qwertyuiop
Next Row asdfghjkl then final button is clear or delete
Next Row zxcvbnmyz and final one is Enter for new line
Bottom Row has Function, Edit slash then long space bar and to the right of the space bar is tilda, vertical bar and finally talks. I think someone else would do good explaining the function key on the bottom left and beside it the Edit Key. The function key does toggle between letters and numbers and the edit key is used for Capital Letters. I do not know how to do All Caps. The key to the right has 2 functions, that of the at for e-mail and also acts as a slash but it does not say if it is a backward or a forward slash. I think you get it by pressing either the Edit or the Function keys but do not go with this until someone else can say with authority! I can also tell you that your zero is to the right of the number 9. The number 5 which is also the G key has the little dot on it which can help to locate you.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Georgina Joyce" <r2gl@xxxxxxxx>