[talks-uk] Re: When will Talks work with OVI Maps?

  • From: Neil Barnfather - TalkNav <forums@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:27:12 +0000

Paul,

Talks aren't even looking at it right now, they are concentrating on handset
support and compatibility, so if you're looking for GPS on a none Windows
device, OVI Maps with Mobile Speak support at this time is your only choice.

On 24 Nov 2010, at 15:03, All formats wrote:

Anyone know when Talks will work with OVI Maps?

Think a lot of people will migrate to Mobile Speak otherwise if Talks don't
pull their finger out.

Just saying that people might consider the cost of switching worth while as you
are getting a product that works on more than one platform and now,
effectively, an alternative to WFA which will be switched off in March.

Personally, I'd rather stick with Talks if I can mainly because I think it is
more responsive than Mobile Speak in terms of delay in response when pressing
buttons experienced with mobile speak... and yes, I have knocked the delay down
to 0.5 seconds and 0 seconds respectively.

But, you have to take Mobile Speak seriously now that OVI is working well with
it and their publicity machine via Caroline is fantastic!

Thought anyone?

Paul Hopkins

Cheers.

Paul

Paul Hopkins - Manager
(All Formats)

Queen Alexandra College
Court Oak Road
Harborne
BIRMINGHAM
B17 9TG

Tel: 0121 428 5018

Fax: 0121 428 5048

E-mail: allformats@xxxxxxxxx

Web: www.allformats.org.uk

Allformats - Braille, Audio, Digital and Large Print Resources for Access by
People with a Visual Impairment.

*****
Confidentiality and Disclaimer:
This email and its attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and may
be confidential or the subject of legal privilege.  If this email and its
attachments have come to you in error you must take no action based on them,
nor must you retain them, copy them, distribute them or disclose their contents
to any other person.
Please contact the sender immediately to notify them of the error.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail that do not relate
to the official business of Queen Alexandra College shall be understood as
neither given nor endorsed by it.
*****