[talks-uk] Re: Talks Reading Function in E-mail

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:01:30 -0000

Hi Eleanor

It occurs to me that you might, in fact, be getting Talks to read all
punctuation marks.  If you don't want this, as I frankly detest it,
press Talks key followed by number four on your keypad.  Cycle between
Speak Punctuation is Some, Most, All, and None.  If you put it to none,
then your Talks should read out "smiley face" or "sad face" if anybody
puts one in a text.

Jackie Cairns
Braille Support Adviser
Email: jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx