[talks-uk] Nokia 5320

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 11:28:51 -0000

I asked on this list a while back if anyone had seen or used the new Nokia 5320
mobile which is a music phone which works with TALKS. I didn't get any replies
so I'm assuming no one had. Just some feedback from me then having now played
with one of these  phones while installing TALKS for a customer the other day.

It is one of those very plasticy phones which feels quite light and flimsy.. If
you like phones that look great, then this one certainly is one to go for.
Givven that it is promoted as a music phone however, I was disAll in all a lot
of hype which isn't lived up to in the end product which is power for the
course with Nokia these days it seems. If anyone is thinking of this phone,
then I'd say hold off until they upgrade it with some improvements.

Barbaraappointed in the sound quality. Although I only heard TALKS and not
music, it sounded quite tinny and gave the impression that it would be very
greating if music were played at a loud volume. The keys are very sensitive so
not at all suitable for anyone who is heavy handed or not confident at pressing
keys before feeling them carefully. Also, the keys are in like a wave shape, so
the fingers dont naturally move between them and you really need to feel around
to make sure you are on the key you thought you were. Perhaps you would geat
used to this, but it just made me feel quite disorientated.