[talks-uk] Re: Networks

  • From: "Eleanor Burke " <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 14:32:44 +0100

excellent .

-original message-
Subject: [talks-uk] Networks
From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/09/2009 11:55 am

I don't really think there is much point in people from different parts of the
country arguing over which network is the best. T-Mobile works for Steve and
Vodafone works for Darren, this just goes to prove that it depends where you
are and you (Carol) should make a judgement based on where you live and not on
which network someone on this list prefers. I've used most of the networks in
the past and have found that the ones which give me the best coverage are
Virgin, and Vodafone who I am currently using. I used to use T-Mobile and even
though I believe they use the same masts or whatever as Virgin, I found I got
droppeed connections more than with Virgin, so I imagine there is a lot more to
it than simply the number and position of masts.

I am perfectly happy with Vodafone for signal strength, coverage and value for
money, but someone living a mile down the road may find them useless.

I think we've probably only succeeded in confusing poor Carol!

Carol, I think if you have a SIM Only or free phone contract you get the whole
data bundle, whether or not this is free or extra to your monthly allowance
depends on which contract you decide to go for if any. A lot of networks now
have unlimited access with of course a fair use policy. This of course costs a
little more than the average contract, but it may be a better deal than paying
each time you dial up. This of course will depend on how often you are going to
dial up and for how long.

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046