[talks-uk] Re: N96? N79?

  • From: Charles.Nicol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:38:15 +0000

Matt,

The N96 is not listed as a supported phone, however, I am using one quite
satisfactorily with Talks. Some functions of the N96 do not work with
Talks, e.g. the BBC I Player and the Office applications, however, I would
expect that these might be supported soon. On the other hand, I have been
experimenting with the N96 GPS functionality, using Loadstone and have
installed Nokia Audio Book Player on the phone, allowing me to convert and
listen to talking books on the go.

The only thing I would advise with the N96 is to check out the keyboard
and see if that suits you. It is pretty flat, however, I have worked it
out and do not have any issues with it.

Hope that this helps.

Many Thanks, With Kind Regards,

Charles Nicol
Business Change : Technology
( 0141 223 3286 È             6 0141 223 3976 :
Charles.Nicol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Matt Brown" <matthew_brown@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
23/02/2009 19:46
Please respond to
talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[talks-uk] N96? N79?

Wow! The N96 has been around a little while now, but no sign of it on the
Nuance Website anywhere! Can anyone confirm if the N96 is supported or
not?

Also, T-mobile are offering me either the N96 or N79 as my upgrade option
so I'm interested to know if the N79 is supported but that isn't up on the
Nuance site either! Yes I know its new, so its possible they haven't
gotten around to it yet, but as to the N96, considering it has been out
nearly a year, I'd have expected it to be listed by now.

As a further enquiry, does anyone know if the N97 due for release shortly
will be supported? I know it will have a touch screen, but it will also
have a full qwerty keyboard, and its feature set is spectacular!

Thanks for advice in advance,

Matt

We will NEVER contact customers via email asking to supply any personal
information, telephone or internet banking login details.

This e-mail is issued by a NAGE Group company. The contents of this e-mail are
confidential and will have no contractual effect unless it is otherwise agreed
between a specific NAGE Group company and the recipient.

The NAGE Group companies include, among others, National Australia Group Europe
Limited (Company No 02108635) which is registered in England and Wales at
registered office 88 Wood Street, London EC2V 7QQ, Clydesdale Bank PLC (Company
No SC001111) which is registered in Scotland at registered office 30 St Vincent
Place, Glasgow G1 2HL and Yorkshire Bank Home Loans Limited (Company No
01855020) which is registered in England and Wales at registered office 20
Merrion Way, Leeds LS2 8NZ.

Clydesdale Bank PLC and Yorkshire Bank Home Loans Limited are authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Credit facilities other than
regulated mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

The views and opinions expressed in this email may not reflect those of any
member of the NAGE Group. If you are not the addressee (or responsible for
delivery of the message to the addressee), please notify the originator
immediately by return message and destroy the original message. This message
and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving the NAGE
Group network. However, NAGE Group does not guarantee the security of this
message and will not be responsible for any damages arising as a result of any
virus being passed on or arising from any alteration of this message by a third
party. The NAGE Group may monitor emails sent to and from the NAGE Group
network.

JPEG image