[talks-uk] Re: Keyboards with phones

  • From: "Adrian Picton" <adrianpicton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 23:22:14 -0000

Keyboards with phonesHi Ian,

I recently purchased a Stoaway Bluetooth keyboard for my Nokia 6630, but I am
having a few problems at present getting it to work properly.  Some of the
commands don't work and the phone sometimes won't accept it and keeps asking
for a security code even though I have disabled the security option in the
softrware which comes with it.  I need to do a bit more playing about with it
when I get the time.  However, I can tell you that it has commands to access
Contacts and Calendar etc, but strange choice of keys,eg Left FN key and S for
Contacts.  Anyway, I'll reportback to this list when I have played around with
it a bit more.  I was recommended the Stowaway as being one of the best, but am
wondering whether I would have been better getting one of Nokia's own ones.
Has anyone else on this list experience of Bluetooth keyboards?

Adrian.