[talks-uk] Re: DAISY2Go Question

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 07:46:45 -0000

Amie with the Premium version you can use the Object viewer. This is not available to you on the Standard version. The Object Viewer enables you to label icons. Some phones do not automatically read the e-mail icons, Unread, Deleted, Has Attachments, but with the Object Viewer these cand be labelled. If you have a Braille display you can use it in conjunction with your phone with the Premium version of Talks. There is also the facility to use the Dictionary. Now people alwlays get confused about this Dictionary. It is not a Dictionary for looking up the meaning of words, rather it is for the correct pronouncation of words. An example here might be where you are writing about the doctor, as in medical doctor and you choose to use the abbreviation Dr. Then Talks standard calls this drive. With the Premium version you can put in Dr and have it say Doctor. Again days of the week can be said out in full rather than Mon, Tu, Wed, Thurs and Fri. Hope this is making some sense. There is an application which will do the same as d2go. I am going to send you this off list for you to try out. It is free Lol! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Amie Slavin" <amie.slavin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: "Amie Slavin" <amie.slavin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/02/2011 10:43 AM

I thought you meant that was the price of simply buying the DAISY to go
software.  I was wondering how that price (£50) compared with the cost of
upgrading to the Preimium version.
So £50 is the price of the upgrade?
Thanks for the info.