[talks-uk] Branding a phone

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 14:38:39 +0100

Hi,
Here's a different one, I'm doing it the other way round to everyone else! My network, 3, have a new price plan out called 3 pay that gives an inclusive text allowance, free 3 to 3 calls and 150MB of Internet when I top up, that's fine. The problem is that they are still offering free Skype and Windows Live Messenger but I can't access those as I have an unbranded phone. It didn't bother me before as there were stretch offers where I could get for example 300 minutes or text for £15 amongst other offers but I have a feeling they have gone on the new price plan, I haven't switched yet to find out but I'm thinking about it. The thing is minutes have gone up to 20 pence so I'd be looking to use Skype where possible along with the free 3 to 3 calls that are included in every top up. Has anyone done this and will I regret it? Finally how and is there an accessible way?