[talks-uk] An intro and network specific phones with Talks

  • From: "Sean randall" <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:32:26 +0100

Hi all,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself - I've been on and off talks
lists for years, but am here now and am helping out with list moderation
too.

My initial question to the list is about phones made specifically for
networks or, as is the case with my Nokia 6730C, provided only by one
network for initial release. My handset was a 'Vodafone exclusive', so they
say, when it came out.  Now it's available unlocked and I'm glad to say I've
done most things successfully with it, without encountering any
network-specific customisation.  The Vodafone app on the phone itself isn't
accessible, but then that's nothing new.

Has anybody found situations where this is different? I'd hope not, but
wouldn't be surprised if networks had used their own homescreens and such to
the detriment of talks users.

Cheers,

Sean.