TalkSerotek: Re: suggestions for system access

  • From: Ryan Mann <rmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:18:52 -0400

You might want to post this in the suggestion box forum or email shoptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Original message:
Hello,
There is a new screen reader out called cobra. And it does something that I wish system access would do. pasted is the small manual section. It would also be nice if we could have scripting. If you want to read the cobra manual to get more ideas about future system access features just go to: www.baum.de/cobra/help <http://www.baum.de/cobra/help>
5.12.
COBRA-Key + O: launch screen text recognition
When you launch screen text recognition with COBRA-Key + O, a bitmap of the screen content is transferred to the text recognition application which then
recognizes the text.
During this time you will hear successively "OCR is installed", "load bitmap", "bitmap recognized" and "Saving text.
The data will not be available until you hear "complete text recognition."
You can browse the text on your screen with the navigation functions, the Windows key,
Level 0
on the
keypad
or the navigation keys on your Braille
display.
No cursor is available here.
You can also click on the text - the click will operate on exactly that letter upon which you have clicked.
To return to the original screen,
refresh
the screen content with
COBRA-Key + F5.
This function is useful when applications or web pages contain unnamed graphics, or when you encounter a text which has only been saved as an image, eg
screenshots or copies of the screen.
You can use COBRA as a straightforward screen reader to read PDF files which have been saved as images only.
You can thus use graphic
install
programs or update the firmware of a Nokia mobile 'phone.

Tip:
The result is saved in the file in the OUT.RTF COBRA directory.
See the chapter "Questions and answers about text recognition" for further information.

next
<>

Previous Chapter: COBRA-Key + M: Mobile Phone Monitor (MPM) on / off
Next Chapter: COBRA-Key + Page down: reduce speed speech
Table of Contents Alt+i

FAQ, Frequently asked questions

To send this text via email, please enter your mail address and press send button via email afterwards.

E-mail

Send via email
1033.zip download complete help file in this langguage
Content FAQ
Search for:

View this page in:
English / English
Select language
© 2007 - 2009 BAUM Retec AG.
All rights reserved.
- In der Au 22 - D-69257 Wiesenbach - www.baum.de <http://www.baum.de>
COBRA ® screen reader for Windows Vista and Windows XP.
COBRA The whole help page is copyright by BAUM Retec AG.
The use of all text, pictures and graphics is only allowed with authorization of Retec BAUM AG. The content of this guide is furnished for informational use only, is subject to change without notice, and should not be construed as a commitment. Retec BAUM AG assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies that may appear in the informational content contained in this guide. Last change of this text at 2009-02-16 10:29:38, last change of whole manual at 2009-02-16 10:27:33.
images/logo_smallest
Original German text:
During this time you will hear successively ?OCR is installed?, ?load Bitmap?, ?Bitmap recognized? and ?Saving text?.
images/zippy_plus_sm
Contribute a better translation
Join me on klango at www.klango.net <http://www.klango.net> visit and sign my petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/coda1234/petition.html <http://www.petitiononline.com/coda1234/petition.html> and visit my blog at: http://jkenn337.klango.net <http://jkenn337.klango.net> Buy accessible Ubuntu Linux computers at: www.system76.com <http://www.system76.com>

Talk-Serotek Archives ar at: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/