TalkSerotek: Re: Cobra Screen Reader

  • From: James Aldrich <jkaldrich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 20:30:41 -0400

Hello!

I was directing my remarks to the party who originated this topic. It seems to me this person is constantly looking for greener pastures. This isn't necessarily all bad but then the party was saying that System Access should implement features of the Cobra screen reader which isn't on the market yet in North America! We don't know for certain whether that screen reader is good or not nor do we know whether it is compeditively priced!

I have no use for Freedom Scientific which recently has some questionable law suits going on! I therefore don't include FS in my discussion of technology but that's how I do things! Window Eyes has recently introduced scripting which they say is easier than what JFW is using and more options are available in Window Eyes for creating scripts. I of course have not attempted to create scripts myself and doubt I'll do so.

System Access uses the Seasaw system which may or may not need or require scripting. Mike Calvo wishes to keep System Access simple to use. I of course don't clame to speak for Serotek in any way since I'm merely a enthusiastic user of Serotek products. We know in most situations System Access works quite well but we don't know anything about the new Cobra Screen Reader. So I ask, till it is available to download and evaluate, why insist System Access adopt something which may or may not be worth a darn! That's all I am saying!

Jim

Talk-Serotek Archives ar at: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/