[tabi] survey on paper mail processing project for the blind

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:25:31 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Babinszki (by way of David Andrews<dandrews@xxxxxxxx>)"
<tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <david.andrews@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:58 AM
Subject: [Nfb-announce] Survey on Electronic mail for blind people

I have been asked to circulate the following:

David Andrews

Mailsurity in collaboration with Even Grounds is planning to start a service
which will allow blind and visually impaired people to receive their mail
electronically. Through this service, paper mail will be scanned and
processed electronically, so the users will be able to read their mail
online.

Users would also be able to receive their original mail, together with
Braille and large print copies if required.

We would like to ask you to fill in a short survey to help us shape this
service according to the needs of future users.

Before the service will be offered, we will meet federal guidelines on
privacy and security issues.

Please note that this service will initially only be available in the United
States.

You can find the survey at:
http://evengrounds.com/mail-survey

Thank you for your help!