[tabi] Re: nova2010 and lack of nights/weekend service

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:33:48 -0400

William,

did you really think that was glowing?  perhaps you'll want to re-read it
then, because here are the things I saw (or didn't see):

* no service to Kilearn on the weekends!  Kilearn, a major housing
subdivision, and everything around it, and it's not getting weekend
service???

* people will still be crossing through busy intersections.  having them
added to patrols isn't likely to do much for traffic safety (in my opinion),
except to make it faster to get a response to an accident report.

* transfers will cost, so a 2 transfer trip will cost you 3 times a normal
bus ride

* buses will not have predictable schedules, so you will not be able to
determine  when/if you can meet your transfers

In fact, the only improvement I saw, from the original nova2010 press
release, is that one route will go to one place in governor's mall.  hardly
glowing.