[tabi] Free Veterinary Eye Exams in May

  • From: <sgreenblatt76@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TABI" <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:33:40 -0400

I was just visiting my vet to pick up some supplies and I learned of my dog
guide's developing eye problem. It's a totally natural eye disorder that will
primarily effect her sight at night; I think it's called lentacular sclerosis.
I inquired about getting her a full eye exam and was told nobody in town does
that but there's a free program going on this May I thought many on the list
might be interested in.
Anyone interested in getting an appointment for their service dog during the
month of May for a free eye exam should first go to the website, www.ACVO.org
to register, then call the Jacksonville Animal Eye Clinic at (904)998-7805 to
make an appointment for here in Tallahassee which will meet at the
Allied Emergency Veterinary Hospital
2324 Centerville Rd. Tallahassee, Fl. 32308. I believe all of the appointments
will be on Thursdays in May as those were the options I was offered when my vet
helped me make the appointment for Karly on May 13.
    I hope everyone with a dog guide takes advantage of this amazing
opportunity as it's far too difficult to walk all the way to Jacksonville just
to get your puppy an eye exam.
Sincerely,
     Scott Greenblatt Esq.
(850)212-3353