[sysconfig1] Why Linux will beat Microsoft

  • From: Rob <benrob@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: sysconfig1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:17:18 -0500

Check out:

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1107-841870.html

Also, I suspect that companies will begin to realize that windows is not
the way to go.
Support for windows 2000 will end soon. Later, companies will have no
choice but to install windowsXP or later versions of windows.
These versions allow Microsoft to upload new upgrades to your software
whenever they want.

What if your company needs stable software? There's always bugs in new
releases, your company will have no choice but to upgrade to the new buggy
software.
What if your company has confidential material? Surely they don't want
windows to know what presentations they've watched on windows media player.
Microsoft is starting to take away people's freedom of privacy. Linux is
looking better and better. Linux will fully support .Net by the time that
people actually know what it is. And then I suspect that a lot of business
will be going the way of Linux.

Rob