[suncommunity] Re: setup 2 NICs in solaris 9

  • From: "David B. Partington" <dbparti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:27:08 -0700

Gary,
You dont need a second NIC card to run Sunrays. With the Sunray Server 2.0,
you have the capability to share the network. This works great for a small
number of Sunrays, the command is /opt/SUNWut/sbin/utadm -A xxx.xxx.xxx.
subnet.  If you want a dedicated network you simply run the
/opt/SUNWut/sbin/utadm -a hme0 .. You do not configure the second NIC card,
the Sunray Server software will do this for you. If you have any questions
send me a e-mail direct. I have over 1000 Sunrays in operation across 4
networks.

Thanks DaveP