[sugpro] Re: fine sugar sticking

  • From: "Steve Peterson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("steve_peterson")
  • To: sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 03:47:16 -0700

confectioners sugar (very fine) has a small amount of cornstarch in it, I presume to keep it from forming clumps. Either do what they do, or just use the confectioners sugar as your fuel (pre-ground!)
--Steve

On 3/26/24 4:51 PM, Lincoln Ross wrote:

I have a little mill, sort of like a ball mill, but much smaller than most, and using pennies in a rotating square plastic food container set on edge. It powders the sugar quite well, but the sugar then sticks to everything, even after I dry it with heat and mill it again. Any suggestions that won't screw up the chemistry?