[sugpro] Re: Sugar Shot to Space 12" booster test

  • From: Mike Brinker <mikebrinker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 17:52:15 -0800

Here is the 130 lb naked grain.

On Dec 18, 2022, at 2:50 PM, Rick Maschek <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Test firing was scrubbed, grain #5, the bulkhead grain with the smallest core and the last one to be cast showed some casting tube debonding. Eric slit the casting tube and we peeled it off. The Good news is that the entire grain looked good, no cracks and only a couple of tiny voids (like small bubbles). Surprisingly, considering it has the smallest core, this was the hardest mandrel to remove with Eric having to pound on the aluminum motor tube to remove it. The grain was very solid.
We are discussing how to repair it or if we make a new one.
On Sunday, December 18, 2022 at 10:43:55 AM PST, Daniel Kirk <dk54321@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can't wait to see the video!
On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 12:27 AM <dustin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Your aren't going to static test it in that truck bed are you ?

Just kidding,   I couldn't resist.

All the best,
Dustin

--