[sugpro] Re: Besides Sugar

  • From: Steve Peterson <steve_peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 16:56:48 -0800

I wasn't around when the sugpro first started, but what I recall from having joined in 2004? 2006? was that discussion has historically been only about sugar *propellant*, since there were (and I believe still are) lists/forums for other propellants and other aspects of rocketry. Speaking just for myself and not as the moderator/owner of this list, if the list traffic here suddenly increased and became 90% about non-sugar stuff I would want to unsubscribe, because my feeling is that there are plenty of other venues to discuss that other stuff but not plenty of other venues to discuss sugar propellants. My view (personal, again) is that the goal is not to increase list traffic per se, it is to increase communication among those who are dealing with sugar propellants. That said, the old list (largely unmoderated) was historically pretty tolerant of the occasional "off topic" post/discussion as long as it was marked with "OT:".

--Steve

On 02/09/2015 04:30 PM, michael_r_monteith (Redacted sender michael_r_monteith@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:
I don't want to start a huge discussion. But would it make sense to discuss more than just sugar propellants? I was just thinking it might get a better audience since some that do sugar also does others. A lot of the same testing goes on. You guys do the most talking and I've been away for a while. It's no biggy. I could create one for others if it's going to be confusing. At least a way to cover all solid propellants either way.

I was talking to the local club and a couple do sugars but for the most part other propellants. So always seems mixed group.

Michael