[studiorecorder] Re: recording

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 16:29:48 -0500

Mary, he is recording the other direction, from the recorder to the computer.
Unless his recorder has a line out jack, he won't be able to use the headphone
jack on the recorder because that is what is feeding the line in to the
computer. This is one of the problems I have with SR. You can't easily monitor
what you record. Unless the sound card has a way to listen to the line in, The
only way I know to do this is to run the sound from the recorder through some
kind of mixer that you can monitor from. The other way is to use a Y cable from
the recorder, one end of which goes to the recorder and the other to a set of
headphones or speakers. I would strongly recommend against this because it can
do very strange things to the sound depending on the impedance of the output.

Neal