[studiorecorder] Re: insuring?

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:35:50 -0400

Hi,

I had a thought about this. We use a commandline environment program called 4NT. It has a move command which, if source and target are on the same logical disk, is virtually instantaneous no matter how big the files are. I think it does a rename or something. I'm wondering why SR doesn't do this in cases where both the original file to be insured and the SR temp directory are on the same logical disk. That would certainly make things faster! Obviously if they're on two different logical disks this wouldn't work. The slowest situation would be when the file and the temp dir are on two different partitions on the same physical hard drive.
Jayson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Meredith" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>