[studiorecorder] found the skunk in the wood pile! Re: Latest Beta

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:29:19 -0400

When you copy part of an MP3 file to the clipboard, the entire file must
be decoded. This may explain the perceived lockup. The status line
should indicate "Copying...", and if you wait long enough, you will be
back in control. This is probably what you were experiencing.

There really isn't anything we can do about two different MP3 files
with different wave formats.

Rob Meredith

>>> snapp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/27/05 10:09PM >>>
Hello Rob. Well, I've figured out the problem.  And, I'll suspect you
guys can fix it.  I had several MP3 files created in the Kurzweil 1000
and had converted them to wav files in Studio Recorder.  I was
attempting to mingle them with files downloaded from NeoSpeech as wav
files.  All I can figure is that the MP3 conversion to WAV was not
similar enough for compatibility.  When I used Gold Wave version 5.9 to
merge the files together, then I could use Studio Recorder to manipulate
them any way I wanted.  I could even save them as separate WAV files in
Gold Wave and copy and paste to my heart's content in Studio Recorder.

Since I had done this in Gold Wave a time or two in the past, it never
dawned on me that there would be a problem in Studio Recorder.  I just
never gave that part of the process any thought.  So, it is not so much
a problem as a knot?  Thanks for a wonderful product.
Dick, Donna, Clayton, Mizzy, Bart and Ginger