[studiorecorder] Re: Tutorial

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:30:00 -0500

As a confirmed sound forge user, I would have to agree with all you say.
Sound Forge has a lot of things I use because I have some very specific
needs in my studio, but for editing voice overs and other voice
programs, SR is really nice.  I really love the ability to speed up a
recording and hear it in less time.  But, I am a voice coach also, so
one of the things that speeding up the recording does is really amplify
how much or how little you vary the pitch of your voice when you are
speaking.  It also shows up things like choppy speech where there are
lots of unnatural pauses, because you are hearing all of the speech in a
very rapid format and any of those things as well as others, can really
be noticed.  I bet no one has ever given that as an excuse for using
Studio Recorder, but it works.

Neal