[studiorecorder] A few issues

  • From: "Don Barrett" <donter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 23:56:27 -0400

Below are four issues which I would like feedback on; I know all are busy,
so if one or two strike your fancy, kindly comment.  I am  new with this
software, so my requests/suggestions might be off-base and if so, good
learning for me.
Thanks all for reading.

Don Barrett
1. I was 20 minutes in to a 30 minute file today and I hit shift-f6 to
insert something I had left out.  When I hit escape, I found that the piece
I inserted was the last thing in the file and the last ten minutes had been
thrown away.  Thank the universe for the undo feature which allowed me to
get my ten minutes of hard work back.  Does anyone know why the shift-f6
might have done that?

2. I set rewind and fast forward to three seconds and it works fine during
playback; however when a file is stopped, these keys revert to the very tiny
distances that are the default.
Does anyone know why the setting doesn't hold in stop as it does in play?

3. I converted my file to mp3 for posting as a podcast and during the
process, the percentages didn't automatically speak; can this be corrected
so the screen reader can track the progress?

4. The play on navigation only works on the up and down arrow key sequences;
please consider allowing it to work on the rewind and fast forward key
sequences as well.  It's very frustrating to use these keys and to have to
constantly hit play after each rewind or ff after a stop. I prefer moving by
small chunks of time than by phrases or the like as time movement is much
more exacting and predictable.

Again, thanks for any wisdom on these issues.