Re: [steem] a long story and a final (long) note ;) - RE: ATARI-ST ROM-Disk

  • From: "Steem Authors" <steem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Steem Discussion" <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:02:39 -0000

Hi,

> Let's get serious for a moment, if we want to make the Atari
> passion live not only with a concentrated kernel of fans, but
> with all the people that once had an Atari (and they were
> numerous), we must help organize the "scene", like with any
> other scene in the computer world. Why not have a central site,
> closely linked with the principal ST & ST emulation sites. OK,
> LGD is already there for that, with its forums. Then why not
> let dedicated ST fans have editorial rights on such a central
> site and let them post on it more beginner-oriented tutorials:
> which programs to use for the most common tasks (emulation,
> writing st disks, ripping st disks, st hardware, buy/sell
> hardware, promoting awareness of abandonware and why it should
> be legal). I'd really be delighted to hear about what anyone
> has to say about this suggestion.

I think that is a very good idea, the problem at the moment is that all the
sites are only maintained by a few people and there is just too much
information to keep up with. If there was a hub that anyone could contribute
to that really would make things easier to find. Most of the info needed is
available, but searching through so many sites to find it is very difficult
(especially if you don't know exactly what you are looking for).

Something like this has already been mentioned on the forums here:

http://www.atari-forum.com/

That is the most active Atari site, so maybe that is the best place to
discuss it.

Sincerely,
Russell Hayward

--