Re: [steem] Strange suggestion

  • From: "Dr. WorST" <dr.worst@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:04:56 +0200

> It would be possible for Steem to get all key presses whatever window is
> focussed, but it would difficult, do you really think it would be that
> useful?

The idea is to be able to give instructions at the same time to the TOS
software and to the Native OS. With a lot of Algo. Comp. software, you can
store presets to be called from keys. As we can not modify the Atari
Software, if we could connect our instructions to the two systems, w could
make our own programs for making what we´d like the Atari soft tod. For
example, sending characteres to an LCD Display, receiving instructins form
external controllers, foot switches, etc. Another way would be to make steem
able to communicate with the native os for passing data to native os
programs, if it would be possible to permit us to programm in any form the
output to be passed to the native os.

> screen. It
> is possible with most software (by sending enough up and left messages so
> the cursor starts at 0,0 before recording/replaying the macro), but it

this is the idea

> wouldn't work for everything and it would be quite slow.

I have had an accessory tha could record this kind macros, and it worked
prety well for me. And fast enought for a lot of aplications.

In any way thanks for your answer.

Regards!

--
Steem - http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/