[steem] TOS 2.06 bootup problem ...

  • From: "Jean-Philippe LECHENE" <jph_lechene@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:58:50 +0200

Hello,

 Since the last previous version of Steem (2.3, sorry I cannot remember if things were differents with older versions) and equally with this verion (2.4), I have observed a strange behaviour with the TOS 2.06 (and ONLY with this version) :

This behaviour happens, at first sight, with all differents languages versions of this ROM.

Here is a short description of what going on :

The ATARI logo show up normally, followed by the memory test. Until here that's ok.
But, before the GEM desktop come up, (nothing has been drawn on the screen yet, still a blank screen), I see a standard error dialog box filled with this message "Failed to allocate window memory".
This happens two times, then, comes up 3 bombs.
The Steem application is not disturbed by this.

This is really the first time I've got the chance to observe this.
Did anyone noticed a similar behaviour ?

The same apply with the modified and optimized version of TOS 2.06 (ROM name "TOS206x.IMG").

This behaviour does not occurs with any other TOS version (apart from ones which perform 68030 tests maybe ;-) ).

I've tried with different emulation settings (memory size, monochrome, colour screen ..) but nothing has an influence on this.

If this can help, I'm running Steem under Windows XP.

I've downloaded the DEBUG version of Steem and I'm trying to analyse the LOG's output...
Maybe an internal VDI or AES test is not correctly executed during the boot sequence ?
I will look toward this ...

If anyone have an idea ? ...

Best regards,

                                                   Jean-Philippe LECHENE

Affichez, modifiez et partagez gratuitement vos photos en ligne: Cliquez ici.