[stamp] Re: to do list

  • From: Ryan McElroy <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:22:24 -0800

I vote for something numeric, though I like the sound of the color as well. Of course, to come up with a color, one has to have some numbers, so we might as well display the number as well. Last year, we did two things: a strength of schedule, and a "quality" which was derrived from wins in difficult matchups, or at least that was the idea.

The implementation Tim Montague (TRC Alum) and I came up with last year can be seen here: <http://trc.silverfir.net/scouting/2005/sandbox/source/ti_schedule.phps>

Be warned, it makes very little sense to me what I was doing, so if it doesn't make sense to you, don't worry about it.

~Ryan

Steven Buss wrote:

I'm looking for some input on the strength of schedule function. How do you think strength should be represented? A number, a word "hard/moderate/easy"? I'm trying to write the function but I don't know how to present the information.

Also, i'm going to do the match prediction tonight. I am also setting up a server and if I get everything working i'll write a howto (thought actually getting everything working is unlikely :P)

On 2/24/06, *Ryan McElroy* <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I'm willing to give a go at making database_setup more intilligent
    making/modifying tables.

    ~Ryan

--
Steven Buss