[stamp] Re: to do list

  • From: "Joshua Hecht" <goldeye.ichiban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 00:26:16 -0500

From experience with other tournament systems: schedule difficulty (often
used as a tiebreaker in non-team tournaments), is usually displayed in the
form of opponents' average win percentage.  For the alliance based system,
I'd calculate opponents' average win percentage and allies average win
percentage, and display them seperately.  You could also average (opponents
average win%) and (1-allies average win%) and use that as a percent
difficulty indicator.

An interesting way to display this would be to color team numbers based on
their win percentage.  Opponents with a low winning percentage and allies
with a high winning percentage are displayed in green.  A "greener" green
for the more extreme records, and white for 50%.  Likewise, opponents with
high winning percentages and allies with low percentages are colored red (or
perhaps black or some other color, since the alliance color is red.
Using green and red in statistics as an indicator compared to the average is
a good idea, in general.
A quick glance at their schedule noticing an aura of green or red can easily
gauge their record.