[stamp] Database entry

  • From: Ryan McElroy <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:27:07 -0800

I think there is something about the overall design of this app that I
am not understanding. When the match input page comes up, is it
supposed to be filled with the last version of the match info
submitted? If we want that to happen dynamically, someone with more
(ie, any) AJAX experience should probably do it.

Also, what do we want to happen when we submit? Overwrite whatever is
there with the stuff just submitted, or try to intelligently figure
out what should be updated (ie, things with zeros should not be
updated?)... I guess the crucial question is is there single-computer
input or multi-computer input for a single match? If the latter, how
are we dealing with inconsistencies?

Stephen, I haven't taken a look at your database classes, and I don't
have any experience using things of the sort (I'm more of a PHP hacker
than a PHP programmer). So, I'd like your opinion on how helpful you
think they will be in this case, and perhaps the best way to use them
(maybe a mini-tutorial?)

Thanks,

~Ryan