[ssug-malappuram] [MES-FSUG] Mailing list etiquettes.

  • From: Sajjad Anwar <sajjadkm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mes-fsug <mes-fsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 09:33:13 +0530

Hello everyone!

From the previous email thread on the list, since Jishnu also noticed that
the email text is awkwardly formatted, I thought I would also point a couple
of other things for the newbies.

Make the signature short and easy to understand. Don't use bold letter
unless they are necessary. I don't find a point in writing name and 'Dear
Sir' in strong letters.
These are some basic mailing list etiquettes, which will help you when you
start talking at other more serious mailing lists. People will respect you
for the way you write emails to the list.

Cheers!
--
Sajjad Anwar | W: http://sajjad.in | T: @geohacker

Our IRC channel #mes-fsug at irc.freenode.net. Webpage for GNULabs @ MESCE is