[ssug-malappuram] Re: [MES-FSUG] Jinesh KJ

  • From: Anivar Aravind <anivar.aravind@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ssug-malappuram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 20:50:26 +0530

This is a mail i posted in another list . copying here

“But the story of leukemia--the story of cancer--isn't the story of
doctors who struggle and survive, moving from institution to another.
It is the story of patients who struggle and survive, moving from on
embankment of illness to another. Resilience, inventiveness, and
survivorship--qualities often ascribed to great physicians--are
reflected qualities, emanating first from those who struggle with
illness and only then mirrored by those who treat them. If the history
of medicine is told through the stories of doctors, it is because
their contributions stand in place of the more substantive heroism of
their patients.”
― Siddhartha Mukherjee, The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer

i am writing this with tears. he was a close friend, co-traveler, and
colleague in SMC

Jinesh was a great fighter.  He fought with Leukemia by contributing
code . His all major contributions came from hospital bed , as commits
in PYPDFlib  and silpa project and editing of www-ml translations
shyam left out .  In addition he used to write articles in malayal.am on various
topics . In FEC also he was quite active and contributed to various
discussion threads . He was one among SMC's  Google summer of code
candidates in 2007 . His contribution to standardization discussions
such as critique to International Domain names standard for malayalam,
Inscript 2 draft keyboard standard etc was also commendable.

He was always available on google chat when he is in the intervals
between treatments , we used to talk a lot about various contemporary
topics. Jinesh was working on a paper about pitfalls in Biometric
standards UID adopted, and he used to send a lot of contemporary
research papers on biometrics to me .

Our last chat (around sep 4th) was about planning get together , when
he reaches home after treatments .
Whenever we asks about his treatment details he used to show these XKCD comics
http://xkcd.com/931/ http://xkcd.com/938/

Blog http://www.jinsbond.in/
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/jinesh.jayaraman
twitter http://twitter.com/#!/jinsbond007
Picasa http://picasaweb.google.com/jinesh.k
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/User:Jinesh.k

This is my last chat with him (sep 4th)

1:35 PM jinesh: Hi
 me: hi
 how r u
1:36 PM jinesh: See sawing
 me: means
 jinesh: Better one day
 me: ok. got it
 jinesh: Back another
 Not yet stable
 me: all chemo section are over?
 jinesh: No chemo now
1:37 PM me: transplantation kazhincho
 jinesh: No cancer actually
 Oh
 In june
 me: ok
 jinesh: It was little bad after that
1:38 PM Icu and all
 Now learning to eat and walk
 me: hmm. So started food
 jinesh: Walking now short distance with support
1:39 PM It starts and stops
 Today again started
 me: good
 jinesh: Clear liquids
1:40 PM me: hmm
 jinesh: What's your news?
 me: Nothing special. Not going home for this onam
 First time in blr for Onam
1:41 PM jinesh: When I come back to kerala will be calling for a get together
 me: yes, we need to
1:42 PM jinesh: I am thinking of calling you all home
 me: Lets plan that
 Santhosh will join in wikimedia by next month
1:43 PM he will be working from home after that
 jinesh: He said from sept he will be home
1:44 PM me: yea. he is resigning by sep 15th
1:46 PM jinesh: Ok
1:47 PM What's your news?
 me: nothing special da
 jinesh: By the way www-ml coordinator is still shyam
1:48 PM Need to fix it
 me: Yea . There was a time you need to sent a mail confirming your role
 But at that time you were not available
 jinesh: I sent
 me: I think we need to recover it
 Ok.
 I will followup
 jinesh: Ok
1:49 PM
 me: going for food
 jinesh: Bye

--
"[It is not] possible to distinguish between 'numerical' and
'nonnumerical' algorithms, as if numbers were somehow different from