[specurtin-committee] FW: Guild Club Registration

  • From: Christopher Coman <c.coman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "specurtin-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <specurtin-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 03:13:16 +0000

________________________________
From: Corinne McGrade [corinne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 01 November 2010 13:19
To: Christopher Coman
Subject: RE: Guild Club Registration

Hi Chris,

Will all of your club information including the office bearers be exactly the
same for next year? If so, I will roll your registration over into 2011 as all
clubs need to re-register at the beginning of each calendar year.

O-Day information will be sent out to all the club contacts at the beginning of
December.

The Guild Executive didn’t meet last week so you’re club registration
application will be reviewed at their meeting tomorrow.

Once they have advised me that your club has been approved I will send you the
welcome email that details all of the benefits you can apply for.

FYI, the following information on funding can be found on our website:
http://www.guild.curtin.edu.au/go/clubs/club-forms-and-info

Guild Funding
To be eligible to apply for Guild funding, registered clubs must have a minimum
of 20 current Curtin students as members of the club, all 4 Office Bearers must
be current Guild Members and 20% of the club's members must be current Guild
Members to be eligible to apply for half the funding amounts or 50% of club
members must be current Guild Members to be eligible to apply for the full
funding amounts.
Brand new clubs can apply for funding 2 months from their registration date and
re-registering clubs can apply for funding 1 month from their re-registration
date.

IMPORTANT! - All funding must be applied for within the calendar year & each
grant can only be applied for once.

Sponsorship<http://www.guild.curtin.edu.au/download.cfm?DownloadFile=B18187D3-B8AA-F68A-5AFA363D69C02A25>
 up to
$1100<http://www.guild.curtin.edu.au/download.cfm?DownloadFile=4C715D48-D289-6AF2-459EE2C9A039E36F>

<http://www.guild.curtin.edu.au/download.cfm?DownloadFile=4C715D48-D289-6AF2-459EE2C9A039E36F>
 & Fundraising Grant up to $500 – Applied for at least 3 weeks PRIOR to the
event
The following MUST be attached for the sponsorship application to be considered:
- Cover letter
- Quotes (for ALL expenses to be incurred)
- Total expense breakdown (or a budget!)
- Draft promotional material (or other supporting documentation e.g.
poster/ticket)
- A current membership list showing which club members are current Guild Members
**Please Note**
- Only Registered Student Societies may apply for sponsorship.
- This application should be discussed with the Membership Officer prior to
applying.
- The application will be presented to the Guild Executive Committee for
consideration of approval.
- Sponsorship cannot be applied for in retrospect so make sure that you plan
ahead.
- Applications for funding can not be used to pay for alcohol in any capacity.
- Rule L1204 states that the Guild Executive may only authorise an amount up to
$1100 per club.
- This sponsorship application will be rejected if all aspects are not
appropriately addressed.
- The Membership Officer will inform you of the outcome.
- Although the sponsorship application may, at the discretion of the Guild
Executive Committee, be rejected or reduced in amount, the rules of
registration and the requirements contained within are still valid.

Grants<http://www.guild.curtin.edu.au/download.cfm?DownloadFile=B181C990-BD10-4F87-679277471E8D7AAE>
 – Applied for in retrospect. The original receipts must be attached to Grant
Applications to be valid.

Orientation Grant (OG): 75% of the cost up to a maximum of $110.00
The Orientation Grant shall only be applied to reasonable costs associated to
the week known as  “Orientation week” or "Guild Day" each year.

Special Function Grant (SPG): 75% of the cost up to a maximum of $110.00
The SFG shall only be applied to reasonable costs associated with events and
activities that are deemed a Special Function by the Guild.

Guild Tavern/ Catering Grant: 100% of the cost up to a maximum of $330.00
The Tavern/ Catering Grant shall only be applied to reasonable costs associated
with expense incurred at the Guild Tavern or Guild Catering for an event that
has been made widely known to the Student Society members.

Copy Centre Grant (CCG): 100% of the costs up to $165.00
The Copy Centre Grant shall only be applied to reasonable costs associated with
services provided by the Guild Copy Centre.  The original receipt from the Copy
& Design Centre is required to prove expenditure.

Kind regards,

Corinne McGrade
Membership Officer | Curtin Student Guild

Tel | 08 9266 2908
Fax | 08 9266 3384

Bldg 106F, Kent Street, Bentley WA 6102
Web | http://guild.curtin.edu.au